Faith's Belief and Purpose
We are God’s people Dwelling in God’s Word Proclaiming Christ’s salvation And Living in daily mission empowered by the Holy Spirit .
WE BELIEVE God's Grace is for you!
WE EXIST to be real people follwing Jesus!
We do this by:
-spending time with God daily
-gathering with others in worship
-connecting with other followers
-shining a light on God's goodness
-sharing and living the teachings of Jesus
PARTNERSHIP FOR MISSIONAL CHURCH (PMC)
In 2012 our congregation began a journey of spirtual discernment.
A journey of discernment facilitated by Church Innovations, a think tank and consulting organization for churches. PMC is not a program or strategic planning process! It is a journey to develop skills and habits that help us form Christian community around God's mission in the world.
PMC is not clergy or staff driven, but is led by volunteers.
PMC is a 3-year process and consists of 3 phases:
- 2012 was the LISTENING phase
- Listening to God by dwelling in the Word
- Listening to one another through interviews and a congregational timeline event
- Listening to strangers in the community through interviews
- 2013 is the EXPERIMENTIING phase where we attempt to build bridges with new mission partners in the community.
- 2014 is the FOCUSING phase where we clarify our missional calling, our vision of God's preferred future for us, and on clear goals and objectives.